My recipe was inspired by This Recipe at Maggie’s Bites. This recipe is leftover-approved, meaning I happily ate the leftovers the next day and they were still good. The raspberry balsamic vinegar adds a sweet complex flavor to the chicken and sauce (without adding calories). By cooking the asparagus and tomatoes together, prep time is reduced. A garnish of fresh raspberries round out the plate.
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken and Asparagus
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the Chicken:
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
For the Asparagus:
1 bunch of asparagus
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp raspberry balsamic vinegar
2 vine ripened or Roma tomatoes
3 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
Making the Chicken:
1. In a resealable plastic bag, marinade chicken breasts in vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder and pepper for 30 minutes-overnight.
2. Take chicken out of bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken on the stove top on medium heat until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F (about 6 minutes per side).
Making the Asparagus:
1. While the chicken is cooking, cut the bunch of asparagus into two inch pieces, discarding the bottom pieces. Toss asparagus into skillet with olive oil and vinegar. Cook on medium heat for about 6 minutes.
2. Cut tomatoes into quarters. Add tomatoes to asparagus and cook an additional 6 minutes.
3. Cut up mozzarella into bite-size chunks. To serve, place chicken on plate with the asparagus beside it. Add cut up mozzarella on top of asparagus and drizzle with extra oil/vinegar from asparagus. Add fresh raspberries for garnish.
Makes 2 servings