I’m not posting this because it’s particularly difficult. Sometimes with all of the access to complex recipes, I forget that it’s easy to throw a chicken breast in the cast iron skillet and pair it with a simple salad.
My basil also needed to be put in its place because it was getting so big. This was a good way to use up a lot of it quickly. I wish I could say I grew the tomatoes as well, but alas, the spider mites have gotten to the tomato vine and I’ll be lucky to get one tomato.
- Olive Oil (2-4 tbsp. or as much as needed for the skillet)
- Chicken Breast (1 per person)
- Salt, Garlic Powder, Dried Thyme, Pepper (to taste)
Heat olive oil over medium heat in cast iron skillet. Add chicken. Season in pan and cook until chicken is done (about 7 minutes on each side).
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (cut into bitesize chunks)
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Combine basil, cheese, and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Combine vinegar and oil in a small jar (I use a mason jar and shake them together) to make a dressing. Pour the dressing on the rest of the salad and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper if that’s what floats your boat.